As my project is leading towards the direction of 'Mystical Swamps', I thought a key aspect to look at would be ancient trees and the roots. I have always found them fascinating how these beautiful trees have stayed put whereas the ground has disintegrated the the roots have risen to the surface. The texture and direction in which they flow in is something I think would be interesting to include in my look. Initial thoughts are roots/ivy effect crawling up the neck and along jaw line.
Whilst looking through images of ancient trees with roots, I came across the thought of growing moss. As a child I always thought moss was so much fun, soft yet had prickly ends and used to crumble in my hands. This got me thinking.......similar to tree roots where they are sort of the hidden beauty of the forest and forgotten, moss over grows onto anything in its reach. Thinking back to this in regards to my final shoots, where we have to create some sort of character, and with my theme being "mystical swamps", I think I shall focus my ideas on creating some sort of forest creature.
For my primary research following on from the images I collected above, I went to have a look through the park round the corner from my house in Southampton and where as before I had just followed the foot path, this time I went down the little paths through the trees and came across this stunning little stream. I was quite surprised as I had no ideas it was there and yet how beautiful and idyllic it was. Looking past all the rubbish and waste that had been left there, I thought recording and blogging these images would be good so when it comes down to doing my final shoots I can look back at these pictures and remind myself of the mystical, fairy like feel the little stream had on me.


No comments:
Post a Comment